If you're a beginner and want to learn skiing or snowboarding, this is the perfect place to start. And if you want to sit back and relax while your family or friends keep busy, you can simply sit at the top of the slopes and sip your kawa, while you watch them swoosh down the slopes! Or take the gondola up to 13,132 feet (3,979 meters) and take in the view. There's more than one way to enjoy Gulmarg! The perfect vacation for the family!
This particular fixed date departure will be led by MHE's CEO Akshay Kumar himself. Akshay is an expert skier and a national champion, having represented India in international competitions. He will lead a team of instructors and guides who will teach you to master the slopes or guide you down the upper pistes if you're a pro.
If you're a beginner, we will ensure you get instructions that will help you take the bunny slopes by the end of the day. If you're an expert...go ahead, the slopes are yours to conquer!
What is included in the tour
- Five nights accommodation in Shaw Inn or similar hotel, on twin sharing basis. Breakfast and dinner is included.
- Skiing equipment hire for five days: skis, poles, helmet.
- Fees for ski instructors or guides for five days: one instructor for every four persons.
- Porters to carry your ski equipment on a ratio of one porter for two persons.
- 05 Breakfasts and 05 Dinners.
- Pick up/drop off from Srinagar airport by car.
- Poma ski lift costs.
- Adventure Sports Insurance Cover
- All government taxes included.
What is NOT included in the tour
- International/Domestic air fare.
- Personal gear - (we recommend) two pairs of shoes, ski pants, sun-shades and any other gear of a personal nature.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand a change in itinerary like natural forces, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and illness.
- Travel Insurance.
- Charges for Gondola (if any) based on an individual's progress on the slopes.
- Expenses of a personal nature - tips, laundry, phone calls, beverages.
- Learn how to ski - the perfect trip for beginners and pros alike.
- Team of national level ski instructors and guides to help you every step of the way.
DAY 1: FLY INTO SRINAGAR AND DRIVE TO GULMARG, 1 HR:45 MIN DRIVE
We will be there to meet you at the airport and arrange for a car that will drive you to Gulmarg directly. The 58 KM drive will take you a little less than 2 hours. Your driver will stop at Tanmarg to put snow chains on the wheels of the car. The last 30 Min of the drive is an uphill one - in several feet of snow. If you're the nervous kind, we suggest you shut your eyes and breathe. If insane driving on snowy roads by a professional who knows what he's doing, is your thing - enjoy!
We will check you into the hotel and then we head out to the ski store to get you kitted for your trip. Within a couple of hours you should be on the slopes to start your first day of skiing! If you're a beginner, we will ensure you get instructions that will help you take the bunny slopes by the end of the day. If you're an expert...go ahead, the slopes are yours to conquer!
Overnight stay at hotel.
DAY 2 - 5: ALL-DAY SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING
Full days of skiing in Gulmarg is on the cards for the next six days! We will assign skiing instructors to your group who will help you build on the skills you learnt the previous day. The instructors will also show you how to use the ski lift - it can be tricky for the newbies!
The experienced skiers can explore more of the mountain runs and the off-piste powder with our mountain guides. You will master the ski lift pretty soon, allowing you to venture beyond just the bunny slopes. Kids seem to gather the skill faster than adults and you'll soon see them swooshing down the slopes.
Overnight stay at hotel.
DAY 6: SKIING AND DEPARTURE
If you have an afternoon flight (as you should), there's still 3 hours of skiing left. The ski lifts open by 8:30 AM so you should pack and be ready to leave before you head for breakfast - just keep one pair of clothes outside to change into after the morning ski session.
Plan to leave the hotel by 12 noon, which will give you enough time to drive back to Srinagar airport and catch the late afternoon flight back home.